The Club Terms and Conditions
The British Racing Club (Racing Club Limited company number 10171416) referred to as “The Club” in the following Terms and Conditions enables its members (for the duration of their Club Membership) certain benefits associated with the Club's ownership of the horses currently in training.
THE CLUB TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE BRITISH RACING CLUB (RACING CLUB LIMITED COMPANY NUMBER 10171416) REFERRED TO AS “THE CLUB” IN THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS ENABLES ITS MEMBERS (FOR THE DURATION OF THEIR CLUB MEMBERSHIP) CERTAIN BENEFITS ASSOCIATED WITH THE CLUB'S OWNERSHIP OF THE HORSES CURRENTLY IN TRAINING.
- These terms and conditions may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review them regularly because you’ll be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after any variation has been posted. If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be removed from the list. The remaining terms and conditions will remain, and continue to be binding and enforceable. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the site will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Some of the pages on our site include links to external websites. We don’t take responsibility for the content of these external sites.
- Should you choose to use any information provided by this website for gambling and /or placing bets then you must be aware that gambling involves risk. By gambling you run the risk that you may lose money, you gamble at your own risk. If you are concerned in any way you should not use any such information provided by the website for any type of gambling. For the avoidance of doubt, we are not responsible for your gambling losses.
- Any parade ring or race day badges issued shall remain the property of The Club at all times and are subject to these Terms and Conditions; you may not re-sell or transfer a badge. Badges cannot be returned for a full or partial refund under any circumstances.
- Members must be aged 18 or over.
- Please note should a Member fail to abide by the relevant dress code or acts in a manner which could be deemed as harassment, or an embarrassment to another member or to The Club, or warned due to the abuse of alcohol, the offending Member would not be able to renew his/her Club Membership. The decision of the Club Representative in such circumstances shall be final.
- Membership is for personal use only and cannot be utilised for any commercial purpose.
- Any person who is banned or warned off from a racecourse by the BHA cannot be a member of The Club.
- The Club reserves the right to refuse entry, cancel any future bookings, tours or racecourse visits, eject Members and/or their guests from a venue, for any reason deemed appropriate.
- Full “legal and equitable title” to the Club’s horses remain at all times with the Club, at no time does a Member have a legal or another interest in any of the horses referred to above, or indeed any share of. All club rights of the Member by the Club are personal to the Member alone and may not under any circumstances whatsoever be gifted, sold, assigned, leased, or offered to any third party.
- Any trophies or mementos won by Racing Club horses during the season remain the property of the club. However at various times during the year the club will hold competitions to enable members to win these individual prizes outright.
- The Club will organise a draw for Owners and Trainers Badges (includes free entry) for as many members as possible to gain access to the Parade Ring on race days. This will be organised on the Club web site the day before each race day.
- The Club will initially have between 8 and 12 horses in training with the intention of putting more horses into training as the membership grows. These will be made up of National Hunt and Flat horses. We will be leasing many of these horses initially from breeders, trainers and private individuals.
- The Club has secured the services of four professional Racing journalists who will be writing and tipping for the Club every day.
- The Club is committed to negotiate for its members, discounted Race day entry fees, free Stable visits and subsidised hospitality at racecourse. These will be added for the membership as and when they become available.
- Members will be able to follow all the Club’s horses at the races, have the opportunity to receive free entry to the Parade Ring and Paddock on race days, follow the Club's Red, White and Blue Racing Silks and receive live video streaming from the Clubs Trainer and Jockey on race days before and after the race.
- If the Member chooses not to renew at the end of the 12 months period, the membership shall expire.
- Please note that the 12-month membership fee is not subject to any additional requests for payment in relation to the keeping and training of the racehorses, no matter what costs the Club may incur.
- Any prize money won by the Racing Clubs’ horses will be determined by Weatherbys the Horseracing Industry’s administrators, these monies will then be offset by any VAT, racing administration fees (i.e. entry, declaration, supplementary and administration fees), transport costs & any disbursements to or on behalf of any Club horse that is leased to the lessee. After these deductions the prize money fund will be held on behalf of the members by the Club before distribution on an annual basis. There can never be any guarantee of the level of prize money, given that this is dependent on how well the horses perform on the racecourse and the quantity of Members at the point of each race. Membership of the Club is for entertainment. It is not an investment opportunity and should not be considered so.
- Membership is effective for a period of 12 months from whatever date the Member joins.